Learn about software product marketing by following these professionals. Follow them on Twitter and read their blogs to get a steady stream of interesting information to help you market your software.
20 Product Marketing Professionals
list created 28 October 2011
Twitter users who regularly share content on product marketing.
ENTP, dog lover, iPhone & iPad addict, experimental cocktail mixer, football chick, mother of a teenager, OH! and I do a little product marketing
The Marketing Doctor, Experienced in #prodmktg launching innovative new prods and new cos, small biz mktg, passionate Red Sox Fan. Views expressed here are mine
Product marketing evangelist, entrepreneur, recovering developer, and occasionally annoying. Eats, breaths and dreams about ways to conquer markets. Don’t you?
Recent Post: Is it your best effort or are you just getting it done?
Agile Product Manager and Marketer, M.S., PMC • @PCampATL Organizer • @CrepeCottage Co-Owner • Kept Austin and NOLA Weird • Now in the ATL
Tech marketing, busy dad, most likely hungry. Director of Product Marketing and Community at Brazos Software.
An Accidental Analyst; teaching, writing are what I love to do; hike & travel for fun; baseball fanatic; Husband & Dad.
Michael Ray Hopkin
Developing leadership in product management and product marketing. You’ll find me in #leadership #prodmgmt #prodmktg Husband, dad, runner, outdoors enthusiast.
Recent Post: Guest Post: Three Ways to Increase Trust and Eliminate Drama
Dir. Product Marketing, Attivio: Unify Structured+Unstructured Data ~ Business Analytics ~ Patriots+NFL, Books, Writing, Outdoors, Hubby+Dad of 2 teen daughters
Recent Post: Innovative Companies Don’t Have Employee “Sediment”
Bio is a work in progress. Head of Business Development at SAP UKI and Birmingham City supporter. Own opinions.
The Launch Doctor
As I built the list I noticed:
- Far more product professionals are talking about product management issues than product marketing
- The majority of product marketers are based in North America
- Product marketers are focused on outbound. They spend more time talking about their product, engaging customers, being a domain expert in their market, instead of sharing their product marketing expertise.
- There are more product marketers in N.America, and there’s a wider business acceptance of social media too. And being limited to English, I am probably overlooking a wealth of talented European product marketers tweeting in other languages.
Dynamic Lists for Easy Following
The links below are easy ways to follow them on Twitter, Klout, and Google Reader, and will be updated as more people are added.
- Twitter list of Product Marketing Professionals
- List of Product Marketing Professionals on Klout
- Bundle of RSS feeds to read in Google reader
I’m sure I have missed many excellent sources of product marketing wisdom, knowledge, best practices, and insight.